Cultivating a small area or even a trellis farm can be a fantastic way of utilizing extra backyard space. And as most professional farmers will tell you, behind every impressive harvest there is an equally remarkable watering device.
So, what better to start your own backyard farm than with the help of a soaker hose? We have just the right collection of soakers for you today.
From an impressively durable design to water conserving features, the hoses we bring to you are guaranteed to pique your interest. Not only are they one of the most popular gardening tools in today’s market, but they are some of our personal favorites as well.
We will go over their respective advantages and flaws, and we are sure that at least one of them will be able to fit your gardening needs.
So, just sit back and read along.
One Stop Gardens 97193 Fba 3/4 in. X 50 Feet: Flat Seeper Soaker Hose: Best for Irrigation
The One Stop Gardens’ Flat Seeper Soaker Hose is just perfect when it comes to irrigating your backyard. Its flat and thin body lies atop the soil and steadily ‘weeps’ water from its pores. This trickle process maximizes irrigation without harming your plants in any way.
Additionally, the hose even supports 4 different gaskets, which will allow you to control the water volume and pressure freely.
- Flat structure that ‘weeps’ water and doesn’t damage plants
- Four different gaskets that allow control over water volume and control
- Doesn’t work all that well when you drape the hose from pot to pot
Lawson Professional Soaker Hose – 50 Feet: Best for Professional Use
Most professional growers consider the Lawson 50 feet Soaker Hose as one of the best commercial grade gardening tools. The secret behind its popularity lies mainly in the fact that it has extra thick walls, which allows the water to soak in slowly and gently, making for more consistent watering.
The thick walls make the hose amazingly durable as well and much less vulnerable to breakdown damage, which the other hoses are prone to.
- Extra thick walls for more durability and consistent watering
- Leaks an average of 1 US gallon of water in 1 second
- One of the more expensive hoses in today’s market and may not be affordable to most average homesteaders
Melnor Flat Soaker Garden Hose; 50 Feet: Best in Conserving Water
Probably the most water-wise soaker hose on our list today, the Melnor Flat Soaker Garden Hose is quite simple to use and allows complete control over its water flow. You can slowly soak areas you choose and grow healthy, lush plants with minimal run-off.
It has a very portable design as well; its unique flat design allows it to be rolled up and stored in the smallest of spaces.
- Fantastic water conservation build that permits slow soaking
- Portable design that can be easily stored away
- Not as durable as the other soaker hoses on the list
Gilmour Flat Weeper Hose in Shelf Display: Best in Durability
The Gilmour Flat Weeper Hose is all about providing its customers with the best in durability without compromising any of its functional features. Its perforated PVC liner comes covered in fabric that protects it from physical damage and harmful ultraviolet rays.
The soaker also comes with the ability to feed water directly to the root of the plants. Its durable build allows it to be either buried underground or placed between the flower beds.
- Perforated PVC liner feeds water directly to the plant roots.
- Fabric coating makes for a very durable build.
- Lack of thermal insulation makes the hose unfit for use in winter.
Garden Row Drip Irrigation Snip-n-Drip Soaker System: Best Overall Product
What attracted us most about the Garden Row Drip Irrigation Soaker was how easy to install it was, while at the same time being extremely customizable. It requires no special tools; just by using scissors, you can cut the hose to the sizes you need, attach the fittings in place, and you’re good to go.
The soaker has pores all over its body that allows the water to seep out slowly and reach the plant roots with minimal water loss due to evaporation and runoff.
- Uses up to 80% less water than sprinklers
- Allows you to selectively water plants the way you want to
- Prone to physical damage and leaks if used extensively
Apex, 1030-100, Soil Soaker Hose, 100 Feet: Best in Handling and Flexibility
Who hasn’t heard of Teknor Apex and the company’s amazing range of consumer-line garden and industrial hoses? Since their inception in 1924, they have been continually innovating and developing new technologies to create a soaker hose that ensures significantly improved flexibility.
The Apex boasts a vinyl construction that grants the hose amazing flexibility and easier handling. It even has ABS Plastic E-Z Tite brass couplings that provide secure attachments to the hose connections.
- Vinyl build calls for a very flexible hose structure.
- ABS Plastic E-Z Tite brass couplings keep the hose securely attached to the connections.
- Lasts a maximum of 3 years before large holes start appearing on its surface
Dramm 17010 ColorStorm Premium 50 Foot Soaker Garden Hose: Best for Trellis Cultivation
If you’re planning to start trellis cultivation from the comfort of your own backyard, then the Dramm 17010 can become your go-to irrigation tool. With great flexibility and constructed out of high-grade rubber with 50% thicker walls, it offers just the right amount of watering for all your trellis needs.
The thick walls are ‘crush-proof’ and come with nickel-plated couplings, which ensure leak-proof connections to any water outlet.
- Thick high-grade rubber walls protect against physical damage.
- Nickel-plated couplings provide leak-proof connections.
- Not as good at conserving water as the others on the list
Soaker hoses come in various shapes and sizes, and each one has its own unique features that cater to specific demands. So, we leave it up to you to decide which one will suit your needs the best.
Hope you enjoyed our guide today.
Till next time!